Here are today’s fantasy baseball highlights and injury news on your favorite MLB players.
TOP STORY: ‘Hollywood Nights,’ Seager hits three dingers in LA
Dodgers star, Corey Seager (no relation to Bob Seger) had some ‘night moves’ of his own on Tuesday. The talented shortstop went 4-5 with three home runs, a double and six RBIs. Seager nearly hit for the home run cycle when he blasted a sixth-inning double off the wall with the bases loaded.
Seager became the youngest player since Miguel Cabrera in 2005 to have four extra base hits in a single game.
Other Fantasy Baseball notables…
- Manny Machado, 3B, Orioles = 4-4 with 2 HRs, 4 RBIs and 3 runs scored
- Cameron Maybin, OF, Angels = 3-5 with a HR, double and 3 RBIs
- Jose Abreu, 1B, White Sox = 4-5 with a HR, 2 doubles and 2 RBIs
- Corey Dickerson, DH, Rays = 2-4 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Marcell Ozuna, OF, Marlins = 2-4 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Ryan Zimmerman, 1B, Nationals = 2-5 with a double, 3 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Andrew McCutchen, OF, Pirates = 3-3 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Miguel Sano, 3B, Twins = 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Ben Gamel, OF, Mariners = 3-5 with a HR, double and 2 runs scored
Pitchers of Fantasy
- Brandon McCarthy, Dodgers = 0 runs on 4 hits with 4 K’s in 6 innings for the win.
- Mike Montgomery, Cubs = 0 runs on 3 hits in 6 innings with 4 K’s in the victory.
- German Marquez, Rockies = 1 run on 4 hits with 3 K’s in 6 innings.
- Greg Holland, Rockies = Major league leading 25th save in 1 inning of shut out ball.
- Alex Cobb, Rays = 2 runs and 6 K’s in 7 innings for his 6th win.
- Chris Sale, Red Sox = 3 runs on 4 hits with 10 K’s in 8 1/3 innings of work for the win.
- Nick Martinez, Rangers = 1 run on 2 hits with 2 K’s in 6 1/3 innings for the W.
- Jeremy Hellickson, Phillies = 1 run and 4 K’s in 7 innings. Lost the game.
- Colby Rasmus, Rays: Day-to-day with a sore hip.
- Pablo Sandoval, Red Sox: Placed on 10-day DL with ear infection.
- Bud Norris, Angels: Put on 10-day DL with right knee inflammation.
- Matt Joyce, A’s: Day-to-day with back soreness.
- Jerad Eickoff, Phillies: Put on 10-day DL with upper back strain.
- Yangervis Solarte, Padres: On 10-day DL with right oblique strain.
- Leonel Campos, Blue Jays: Sidelined with groin injury. Day-to-day as of now; could have a DL stint.
- Michael Taylor, Nationals: Scratched Wednesday due to undisclosed injury. He is day-to-day.