Fantasy Golf Rankings | WMPO

The Waste Management Phoenix Open begins on Thursday at TPC Scottsdale. The infamous 16th hole at the Stadium Course continues to be the biggest and loudest party of the PGA Tour season, and might very well be the most anti-Spieth thing in professional golf. Here are this week’s fantasy golf rankings for the WMPO.

Fantasy Golf Rankings

Rankings developer and DFS kingpin, Taylor @Sgrignoli3, has created one of (if not) the best fantasy golf rankings models on the planet. Controls within the formula are constantly being tweaked to provide the DFS golf world with top of the line projections on a weekly basis. is used to help develop these weekly fantasy golf rankings. Taylor and I discuss which statistical categories we feel are most important for the week’s tournament then those stats are weighted accordingly.

The current form formula incorporates a wide range of player statistics, each individually weighted. This range includes the past 4, 8, 12, 24, 50 and 100 rounds played.

This week’s weighted statistics for the WMPO include:

  • Strokes Gained: Approach
  • DraftKings Points
  • Strokes Gained: Ball Striking
  • Strokes Gained: Par 5s
  • Par 4 Scoring: 400-450 yards
  • Par 4 Scoring: 450-500 yards

The “PAS Power Index” is generated by calculating and combining the following: total current form player statistics (weighted at 70%), course history (weighted at 20%) and Vegas odds (weighted at 10%). Several players may not have course history so their course history weight percentage has been shifted to current form.

Top 25 WMPO Rankings

Top 25 - Fantasy Golf Rankings

**Disclaimer: is used as source for all data and player statistics. If there happens to be a numerical error, blame them not us. Also, European Tour statistics are currently NOT included in the rankings calculations.