Fantasy Golf Rankings | Farmers Insurances Open

Here are this week’s fantasy golf rankings for the Farmers Insurance Open where PGA Tour players will compete at the daunting Torrey Pines (North and) South Course. Does Tiger Woods make the Top 25?? He probably shouldn’t, but see below to find out!

Fantasy Golf Rankings

Our DFS mathlete, Taylor @Sgrignoli3, has developed one of the best fantasy golf rankings systems available on the web…for FREE! The formulas are constantly being evaluated and tweaked for optimal projections on a weekly basis. data is used to help develop these weekly fantasy golf rankings. Taylor and I discuss which statistical categories we feel are most important for the week’s tournament then those stats are weighted accordingly in the model.

Current form player statistics are also included in the rankings. The model incorporates a wide range of player statistics, each individually weighted. This range includes the past 4, 8, 12, 24, 50 and 100 rounds played.

This week’s weighted statistics for the Farmers Insurance Open include:

  • Strokes Gained: Approach
  • Birdies or Better
  • Bogey Avoidance
  • Strokes Gained: Ball Striking
  • Proximity: 175-200 yards
  • Proximity: 200+ yards

The “PAS Power Index” is generated by calculating and combining the following: total current form player statistics (weighted at 60%), course history (weighted at 30%) and Vegas odds (weighted at 10%). Several players may not have course history so their course history weight percentage has been shifted to current form.

Top 25 Farmers Insurance Open Rankings

Top 25 - Farmers**Disclaimer: is used as source for all data and player statistics. If there happens to be a numerical error, blame them not us. Also, European Tour statistics are currently NOT included in the rankings calculations.