Here are today’s top fantasy baseball performers and injury news.
TOP STORY: Hook, line and sinker
Happy birthday, Mike Trout! The Los Angeles Angels star lured his way into the record books Monday night by reeling in his 1,000th career hit, which also happened to be his 26th birthday. Trout scaled a double in the 4th inning for the milestone hit. Two innings later, the reigning AL MVP cranked a dinger off of the left foul pole. Trout now has hit a birthday home run in four of the six years he has been in the league.
On the season, Trout is batting .346 with 23 homers and 52 RBIs.
Other fantasy baseball notable performances…
- Jose Pirela, OF, Padres = 2-4 with 2 HRs and 3 RBIs
- Joey Votto, 1B, Reds = 2-3 with a HR, 3 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Mike Trout, OF, Angels = 2-4 with a HR, double and 2 runs scored
- Matt Carpenter, 1B, Cardinals = 2-4 with a HR, double and 3 RBIs
- Manny Machado, 3B, Orioles = 1-4 with a grand salami
- Bryce Harper, OF, Nationals = 2-4 with a HR (150th of career)
- Giancarlo Stanton, OF, Marlins = 1-4 with a HR
- Mike Moustakas, 3B, Royals = 2-4 with a HR
- Keon Broxton, OF, Brewers = 2-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Javier Baez, 2B, Cubs = 1-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Ryder Jones, 3B, Giants = 2-3 with a HR and 2 RBIS
Pitchers of fantasy baseball
- Trevor Williams, Pirates = 0 runs on 1 hit with 5 K’s in 7 innings of work for his 5th win.
- Jake Arrieta, Cubs = 2 earned runs on 3 hits with 5 K’s for his 11th win of the season.
- Dylan Bundy, Orioles = 2 runs on 5 hits with 10 K’s for his 11th win of the year.
- Carlos Martinez, Cardinals = 2 runs on 7 hits with 7 K’s for his 8th win of the year.
- Max Scherzer, Nationals = 2 runs on 5 hits with 9 K’s in the no decision.
- Ervin Santana, Twins = 2 earned runs on 6 hits with 6 K’s in the no decision.
- Tim Adleman, Reds = 2 runs on 6 hits with 4 K’s in the no decision.
- Devin Mesoraco, Reds: Paternity leave. He’s day-to-day.
- Chris O’Grady, Marlins: Exited Monday’s game with oblique injury. He’s currently day-to-day.
- Andrew Knapp, Phillies: Placed on 10-day DL with bruised right hand.