Last night’s top fantasy baseball player performances and injury news for your favorite MLB players.
TOP STORY: Holy ‘schmidt!
Paul Goldschmidt blasted three home runs Thursday night, including a tie-breaking solo shot in the ninth inning, to help give the Arizona Diamonbacks a 10-8 victory over the home team, Chicago Cubs.
The D’backs first baseman has proven to be one of the best in the league the last several years, but this was his first career game with three home runs. The five-time All-Star is now seventh in the NL with 25 homers and second in the MLB in RBIs with 85.
Other Fantasy Baseball notable performers…
- Willson Contreras, C, Cubs = 3-5 with 2 HRs and 6 RBIs
- Brandon Moss, DH, Royals = 2-4 with 2 HRs and 3 RBIs
- Chris Taylor, OF, Dodgers = 3-5 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 3 runs scored
- Charlie Blackmon, OF, Rockies = 3-4 with a HR, double and 2 runs scored
- Danny Valencia, 1B, Mariners = 2-3 with a HR, double and 2 runs scored
- Nick Williams, OF, Phillies = 3-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Mike Trout, OF, Angels = 2-3 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Tim Beckham, SS, Orioles = 3-4 with a HR
- Brandon Belt, 1B, Giants = 2-4 with a HR, double, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Ozzie Albies, 2B, Braves = 1-3 with a HR and 3 RBIs (first career hit)
- Nicky Delmonico, 3B, White Sox = 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Steven Souza Jr., OF, Rays = 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Joey Gallo, 3B, Rangers = 1-3 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Jose Altuve, 2B, Astros = 3-4 with a HR
Pitchers of Fantasy
- Alex Wood, Dodgers = 1 run on 7 hits with 2 K’s for his 13th win of the year.
- Chad Kuhl, Pirates = 0 runs on 4 hits with 6 K’s for the win.
- Matt Garza, Brewers = 1 run on 4 hits with 4 K’s in the victory.
- Corey Kluber, Indians = 1 run on 3 hits with 11 K’s for his 9th win.
- A.J. Griffin, Rangers = 1 run on 2 hits with 4 K’s in the victory.
- Ty Blach, Giants = 2 runs on 6 hits with 4 K’s for the win.
- Jett Bandy, Brewers: Placed on 10-day DL for rib injury.
- Hansel Robles, Mets: Day-to-day due to hand numbness.
- Andrew Knapp, Phillies: Exited Thursday’s game with bruised hand. He is day-to-day.
- Miguel Montero, Blue Jays: Sidelined with groin injury. He is day-to-day.
- Enny Romero, Nationals: Dealing with forearm soreness. He is day-to-day.