Here are today’s top fantasy baseball player performances, as well as injury news, on your favorite MLB players.
TOP STORY: Evan Almighty
With two outs in the ninth inning, Evan Longoria was a double shy away from his first career cycle Tuesday night. Longo smacked a liner into left, raced to second, slid and beat the throw. The hit capitalized a night to remember for the 31-year-old third baseman.
The three-time All-Star had been dealing with plantar fasciitis most of the season which has been his Achilles Heel (pun definitely intended). Now having at least two hits in four of his last seven games, it’s hopeful that the nagging foot injury has subsided and Longo can return to his elite offensive prowess which led to his 2008 AL Rookie of the Year award.
Longoria ended the night 4-5 with a homer, triple, double, single, 3 RBIs and 2 runs scored. The Rays beat the Astros 6-4 in the contest.
Other Fantasy Baseball notable performers…
- Anthony Rizzo, 1B, Cubs = 3-5 with 2 HRs, 3 RBIs and 3 runs scored
- Joey Gallo, 3B, Rangers = 2-4 with 2 HRs and 4 RBIs
- Howie Kendrick, OF, Nationals = 5-5 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Billy Hamilton, OF, Reds = 2-4 with a HR, triple and 3 RBIs
- Marcell Ozuna, OF, Marlins = 3-4 with a HR, 3 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Mitch Moreland, 1B, Red Sox = 2-5 with a HR, double, 3 RBIs and 3 runs scored
- Albert Pujols, DH, Angels = 3-4 with a HR, double and 5 RBIs
- Carlos Santana, 1B, Indians = 2-4 with a HR, double and 3 RBIs
- Josh Donaldson, 3B, Blue Jays = 2-3 with a HR, double and 3 RBIs
- Matt Joyce, OF, Athletics = 2-3 with a HR, double and 3 RBIs
- Carlos Beltran, DH, Astros = 2-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Didi Gregorius, SS, Yankees = 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Cody Bellinger, 1B, Dodgers = 2-4 with a HR
- Brandon Belt, 1B, Giants = 2-5 with a HR, double and 3 runs scored
- Nolan Arenado, 3B, Rockies = 2-5 with a HR and 4 RBIs
- Jay Bruce, 1B, Mets = 2-4 with a HR, double and 2 RBIs
Pitchers of Fantasy Baseball
- Kenta Maeda, Dodgers = 0 runs on 2 hits with 6 K’s in 7 innings of work for his 10th win of the year.
- Jhoulys Chacin, Padres = 0 runs on 3 hits with 3 K’s in 7 innings for his 11th win of the season.
- Homer Bailey, Reds = 1 run on 4 hits with 3 K’s in 6 innings pitched for the win.
- Dylan Bundy, Orioles = 0 earned runs on 3 hits with 5 K’s in 8 innings for his 10th win.
- Ricky Nolasco, Angels = 1 run on 6 hits with 5 K’s in 6 innings for the win.
- Anibal Sanchez, Tigers = 2 runs on 6 hits with 3 K’s in 6 2/3 innings for the victory.
- Jimmy Nelson, Brewers = 2 runs on 6 hits with 7 K’s in 6 innings of work for the win.
- Matt Samardzija, Giants = 3 earned runs on 6 hits with 5 K’s in 8 innings for the victory.
- Marcus Stroman, Blue Jays = 4 runs on 7 hits with 5 K’s in 7 innings for his 10th win.
- Matt Adams, Braves: Left Tuesday’s game with dizziness. He is day-to-day.
- Sandy Leon, Red Sox: Left knee injury. He’s listed as day-to-day.
- Scott Schebler, Reds: Placed on 10-day DL with shoulder strain.
- Jonathan Lucroy, Rockies: Stomach illness kept him out of Tuesday’s game. He’s day-to-day.
- Matt Davidson, White Sox: Exited Tuesday’s game with left wrist soreness. He is day-to-day.
- Yunel Escobar, Angels: Left Tuesday’s game with back stiffness. Listed as day-to-day.
- Steven Souza, Rays: Did not play Tuesday. He’s day-to-day with a foot injury.
- Max Scherzer, Nationals: Exited Tuesday’s game with neck spasms. He is day-to-day.