Here are today’s top fantasy baseball highlights and injury updates on your favorite MLB players.
TOP STORY: Santana Claus delivers in Minneapolis
Carlos Santana of the Cleveland Indians reached base in each of his five plate appearances while visiting the Twins on Tuesday. Santana tied the game at 1 in the 4th inning with a solo shot off of Twins’ starter, Bartolo Colon. He then connected for a two-run dinger in the 9th, hammering the final nail in the coffin for Cleveland’s 8-1 victory over Minnesota.
The Indians’ first baseman ended the night 3-3 with 2 HRs, 2 BBs, 3 RBIs and 3 runs scored. In his last three games played, Santana has gone 7-11 at the plate, increasing his season batting average from .238 to .248.
Top Fantasy Baseball Performances
- Howie Kendrick, Nationals = 2-4 with 2 HRs
- Cory Spangenberg, Padres = 2-4 with a HR, double, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Eric Hosmer, Royals = 2-4 with a HR, double, 4 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Khris Davis, Athletics = 2-4 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Mike Napoli, Rangers = 2-4 with a HR, 3 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins = 2-4 with his 44th HR and 2 runs scored
- Denard Span, Giants = 3-4 with a HR, a stolen base, 2 RBIs and 3 runs scored
- Josh Donaldson, Blue Jays = 2-3 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Max Stassi, Astros = 2-4 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
Pitchers of Fantasy
- Gio Gonzalez, Nationals = 0 runs on 2 hits with 4 K’s for his 11th win of the year.
- Danny Salazar, Indians = 1 run on 3 hits with 10 K’s for the victory.
- Zach Davies, Brewers = 1 run on 6 hits with 2 K’s for his 14th win.
- A.J. Griffin, Rangers = 1 run on 5 hits with 4 K’s in the win.
- Dinelson Lamet, Padres = 2 runs on 3 hits with 7 K’s for the win.
- Andrew Albers, Mariners = 1 run on 6 hits with 4 K’s for his first win of the season.
- Sonny Gray, Yankees = 2 runs on 5 hits with 5 K’s for the win.
- Rick Porcello, Red Sox = 3 runs on 8 hits with 6 K’s for the victory.
- Alex Wood, Dodgers = 1 run on 6 hits with 6 K’s in the no decision.
- Luis Castillo, Reds = 0 runs on 2 hits with 7 K’s in the no decision.
- Kyle Hendricks, Cubs = 0 runs on 5 hits with 6 K’s in the no decision.
- Andrew Benintendi, Red Sox: Day-to-day with a knee injury. Hopeful to play today.
- Devin Mesoraco, Reds: Expected to be sidelined for 3-6 weeks with foot injury.
- Jarlin Garcia, Marlins: On the 10-day DL with biceps strain.
- Orlando Arcia, Brewers: Missed Tuesday’s game due to back spasms. He’s day-to-day.
- Seth Lugo, Mets: Placed on 10-day DL with shoulder injury.
- Odubel Herrera, Phillies: Day-to-day with hamstring soreness.
- Gregory Polanco, Pirates: Placed on 10-day DL with hamstring strain.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners: Out of the lineup Tuesday due to illness.