Check out today’s fantasy baseball updates and injury news on your favorite MLB players.
TOP STORY: Chicago Fire
The Chicago Cubs had a slightly usual amount of on-field substitutions against the Reds on Monday night, specifically to the first and second base positions. Tommy La Stella, who started the game at second, was later moved to the first base bag, then back to second in the later innings. Anthony Rizzo also spent time playing second base before finishing at first. However, it didn’t matter which base either were fielding, from an offensive standpoint, these two batters were en fuego. Rizzo and La Stella were a combined 6-10 (.600) with seven RBIs and three runs scored in the abusive 15-5 win over Cincinnati.
Anthony Rizzo finished the game 3-5 with his 27th jack of the season to go along with 5 RBIs, while Tommy La Stella went 3-5 at the plate with 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored.
Cubs players who also produced in fantasy on Monday:
- Jon Jay: 3-5 with a triple, double, RBI and 3 runs scored
- Kris Bryant: 2-4 with a HR, double and 2 RBIs
- Javier Baez: 2-4 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Jason Heyward: 2-4 with 3 runs scored
Other fantasy baseball notable performers
- Edwin Encarnacion, Indians = 2-4 with 2 HRs and 4 RBIs
- Rafael Devers, Red Sox = 2-4 with 2 HRs
- Rhys Hoskins, Phillies = 2-4 with 2 HRs
- Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins = 2-4 with his 43rd HR and 3 RBIs
- Gary Sanchez, Yankees = 2-3 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Josh Donaldson, Blue Jays = 2-4 with a HR, double and 2 RBIs
- Scooter Gennett, Reds = 2-5 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Cam Gallagher, Royals = 2-3 with a HR, double and 4 RBIs (grand salami)
- Manny Machado, Orioles = 2-5 with a grand salami
- Tim Beckham, Orioles = 3-5 with a HR and 2 runs scored
- Cory Spangenberg, Padres = 3-3 with a HR and 3 runs scored
Pitchers of fantasy baseball
- Zack Greinke, Diamondbacks = 0 runs on 5 hits with 9 K’s for his 14th win of the season.
- Chad Bettis, Rockies = 0 runs on 6 hits with 2 K’s in 7 innings for a no decision.
- Nick Tepesch, Blue Jays = 1 run on 4 hits in 6 innings for the victory.
- Jose Quintana, Cubs = 1 earned run on 4 hits with 4 K’s for the win.
- Jake Junis, Royals = 2 runs on 4 hits with 2 K’s for the win.
- Martin Perez, Rangers = 2 runs on 6 hits with 2 K’s in the victory.
- Trevor Bauer, Indians = 3 runs on 7 hits with 11 K’s for his 11th win of the year.
- Adam Conley, Marlins = 3 runs on 6 hits in 6 1/3 innings for the win.
- Kevin Gausman, Orioles = 2 runs on 6 hits with 6 K’s in the victory.
- David Peralta, Diamondbacks: Paternity leave. He is day-to-day.
- Ben Zobrist, Cubs: Scratched from Monday’s game with neck stiffness. He’s day-to-day.
- Brian McCann, Astros: Placed on 10-day DL with knee soreness.
- Luis Cessa, Yankees: Left Monday’s start and will undergo a MRI on back. He’s currently day-to-day.
- Shin-Soo Choo, Rangers: DNP Monday due to body soreness. He’s day-to-day.