Here are today’s top fantasy baseball performers and injury news for Friday, August 11th.
TOP STORY: Stanton be stuntin’
Miami Marlins slugger, Giancarlo Stanton, connected for a third inning, two-run blast off of Nationals’ starter Tanner Roark on Thursday. Stanton’s shot gave him his major league-leading 39th homer of the season. The right fielder has quickly risen past Aaron Judge in this statistical category, flipping the bird to the Yankees rookie in the process.
Stanton, who has six home runs in his last seven games, has never reached 39 in a season prior to this year. He’s topped out at 37 dingers in both his 2012 and 2014 seasons. If he plays 160 games in 2017, he’s projected to hit 56 at his current rate. That number would be the most by any major leaguer since Ryan Howard cranked 58 in 2006.
Stanton finished Thursday’s game 1-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs.
Other Fantasy Baseball notable performers…
- Trey Mancini, DH, Orioles = 3-4 with 2 HRs and a double
- Byron Buxton, OF, Twins = 3-4 with 2 HRs
- Dexter Fowler, OF, Cardinals = 2-4 with a HR, 5 RBIs and 2 runs scored (grand salami)
- Neil Walker, 3B, Mets = 4-5 with a HR and 3 runs scored
- Wilmer Flores, 1B, Mets = 3-5 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Scooter Gennett, 2B, Reds = 2-4 with a HR and 4 RBIs (grand salami)
- Ketel Marte, SS, Diamondbacks = 2-3 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- C.J. Cron, 1B, Angels = 2-3 with a HR and 2 runs scored
- Jean Segura, SS, Mariners = 2-3 with a HR
- Brian Goodwin, OF, Nationals = 2-4 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Josh Bell, 1B, Pirates = 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Yoan Moncada, 2B, White Sox = 2-5 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Chris Taylor, OF, Dodgers = 1-4 with a HR and 2 runs scored
- Corey Dickerson, OF, Rays = 1-5 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Jose Bautista, DH, Blue Jays = 1-3 with a HR and 2 runs scored
Pitchers of Fantasy Baseball
- Wade Miley, Orioles = 0 earned runs on 3 hits with 7 K’s in the victory.
- Marco Estrada, Blue Jays = 0 runs on 5 hits with 6 K’s in the win.
- Jacob deGrom, Mets = 0 runs on 4 hits with 9 K’s for his 13th win of the season.
- Yu Darvish, Dodgers = 2 runs on 5 hits with 10 K’s in the win.
- Gerrit Cole, Pirates = 3 runs on 6 hits with 7 K’s in 8 innings for his 10th victory.
- Tyler Skaggs, Angels = 0 runs on 5 hits with 5 K’s in the no decision.
- Blake Snell, Rays = 1 run on 4 hits with 4 K’s in the no decision.
- Danny Salazar, Indians = 1 run on 7 hits with 8 K’s in a decision.
- Carlos Rodon, White Sox = 2 runs on 9 hits with 4 K’s in the no decision outing.
- Jason Hammel, Royals = 2 runs on 3 hits with 7 K’s for a no decision.
- Lisalverto Bonilla, Reds: Placed on 10-day DL with right elbow inflammation.
- Jason Kipnis, Indians: Day-to-day with hamstring injury.
- Trevor Cahill, Royals: Placed on 10-day DL with right shoulder injury.
- Yasiel Puig, Dodgers: Knee and hamstring discomfort resulting in a status of day-to-day.
- Jacob deGrom, Mets: Diagnosed with triceps contusion. Currently day-to-day.
- Matt Chapman, Athletics: Exited Thursday’s game with an illness. He’s day-to-day.
- Vince Velasquez, Phillies: Left Thursday’s game with numbness in finger. He is day-to-day.
- James Paxton, Mariners: Exited Thursday’s game due to left pectoral strain. He’s day-to-day.
- Kendrys Morales, Blue Jays: DNP Thursday due to illness.
- Anthony Rendon, Nationals: DNP Thursday due to illness.