Here are today’s top fantasy baseball performances and injury news on your favorite MLB players.
TOP STORY: Gallo from the other side
Texas Rangers first baseman, Joey Gallo, has been on a tear recently. After connecting for a two-run shot in the first inning Wednesday, Gallo has now homered in three straight games. In fact, he has been a powerhouse in the Rangers’ offense the past ten games, batting .324 (11-34) over that span, blasting 7 homers and knocking in 14 runs.
The 23-year-old has 32 dingers on the season, which is fourth in the majors. He tends to be boom or bust, with a year batting average of .200. Although, he seems to be dialed in at the plate since the beginning of August.
Other Fantasy Baseball notable performers…
- Ryan Zimmerman, 1B, Nationals = 4-5 with 2 HRs, 5 RBIs and 4 runs scored
- Nelson Cruz, DH, Mariners = 2-4 with 2 HRs and 3 RBIs
- Ian Kinsler, 2B, Tigers = 3-4 with a HR, double, 4 RBIs and 4 runs scored
- C.J. Cron, 1B, Angels = 3-4 with a HR, double, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Tim Anderson, SS, White Sox = 2-4 with a HR, double, 3 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Brian Dozier, 2B, Twins = 3-4 with a HR, double and 2 runs scored
- Charlie Blackmon, OF, Rockies = 3-6 with a HR
- Todd Frazier, 3B, Yankees = 3-4 with a HR, double, 3 RBIs and 4 runs scored
- Matt Joyce, OF, Athletics = 2-5 with a HR and 2 runs scored
- Cody Bellinger, 1B, Dodgers = 2-4 with a HR, double and 2 runs scored
- Hunter Pence, OF, Giants = 2-3 with a HR
- Melky Cabrera, OF, Royals = 2-5 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Yadier Molina, C, Cardinals = 1-4 with a HR and 4 RBIs (grand salami)
Pitchers of Fantasy
- Justin Verlander, Tigers = 0 runs on 1 hit with 6 K’s in the shutout win.
- Bartolo Colon, Twins = 0 runs on 5 hits with 5 K’s for the victory.
- Martin Perez, Rangers = 1 run on 3 hits with 5 K’s in the victory.
- Gio Gonzalez, Nationals = 1 run on 7 hits with 6 K’s for his 10th win of the year.
- Miguel Gonzalez, White Sox = 1 run on 5 hits with 4 K’s in the victory.
- Alex Wood, Dodgers = 2 runs on 6 hits with 4 K’s for his 14th win of the season.
- Troy Scribner, Angels = 1 run on 2 hits with 4 K’s in the win.
- Madison Bumgarner, Giants = 1 run on 5 hits with 7 K’s in the victory.
- Jerad Eickhoff, Phillies = 2 runs on 9 hits with 6 K’s in the win.
- Rick Porcello, Red Sox = 2 runs on 4 hits with 7 K’s in the win.
- Trevor Bauer, Indians = 1 run on 7 hits with 9 K’s in the no decision.
- Johan Camargo, Braves: Placed on 10-day DL with knee bruise.
- Joey Rickard, Orioles: Exited Wednesday’s game after being HBP in head.
- Willson Contreras, Cubs: Left Wednesday’s game with hamstring pull.
- Blaine Boyer, Red Sox: 10-day DL with neck strain.
- Michael Brantley, Indians: Placed on 10-day DL with ankle sprain.
- Mark Reynolds, Rockies: DNP Wednesday due to hand injury. He is day-to-day.
- Yunel Escobar, Angels: Officially placed on 10-day DL with oblique strain.
- Adalberto Mejia, Twins: 10-day DL with injured left arm.
- Clint Frazier, Yankees: Scheduled for an oblique MRI Thursday. He’s currently day-to-day.
- Miguel Gomez, Giants: Sidelined with right knee discomfort. He’s day-to-day.
- Jake Odorizzi, Rays: Exited Wednesday’s game with a right foot contusion. He’s day-to-day.