New month, fresh start. Now that the MLB trade deadline is over, check out today’s fantasy baseball updates and injury news on your favorite players.
TOP STORY: Marisnick Attacks!
Houston Astros’ centerfielder, Jake Marisnick, had himself one helluva night. The number nine hitter went 3-4 at the plate, crushing two dingers while adding a double to his stat line. The 26-year-old ended the game with a career-high five RBIs in the Astros 14-7 win over the Tampa Bay Rays.
Marisnick has a career high in home runs this season after slugging his 12th and 13th on Monday night. His previous high was 9 back in 2015.
Other Fantasy Baseball notable performers…
- Corey Dickerson, OF, Rays = 2-4 with 2 HRs and 3 RBIs
- Aaron Judge, OF, Yankees = 1-2 with a HR and 2 runs scored
- Marcus Semien, SS, Athletics = 2-5 with a HR, 4 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Matt Davidson, 3B, White Sox = 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs
- Chase Headley, 3B, Yankees = 3-4 with a double and 2 RBIs
- Rafael Devers, 3B, Red Sox = 4-4 with a double and RBI
- Maikel Franco, 3B, Phillies = 2-4 with a HR
- Freddie Freeman, 3B, Braves = 1-4 with a HR
Pitchers of Fantasy
- Gio Gonzalez, Nationals = 0 runs on 1 hit with 5 K’s in 8 innings pitched in the win.
- Marco Estrada, Blue Jays = 1 run on 4 hits with 5 K’s in 7 innings of work. No decision.
- Ubaldo Jimenez, Orioles = 1 run on 5 hits with 6 K’s in 7 innings. No decision.
- Danny Duffy, Royals = 1 run on 7 hits with 6 K’s in 7 innings of work. No decision.
- Charlie Morton, Astros = 2 runs on 2 hits with 5 K’s in 6 innings pitched for his 9th win.
- Doug Fister, Red Sox = 2 runs on 5 hits with 5 K’s in 7 2/3 innings for his first win of the season.
- Luis Severino, Yankees = 1 run on 4 hits with 8 K’s over 5 innings for his 8th win.
- Nick Pivetta, Phillies = 1 run on 3 hits with 5 K’s in 6 innings for the win.
- Jose Urena, Marlins = 1 run on 3 hits with 6 K’s in 8 innings. Lost game.
- Mark Trumbo, Orioles: Placed on 10-day DL with rib injury.
- Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox: Knee injury could result in DL stint.
- Josh Tomlin, Indians: 10-day DL with left hammy strain.
- Yoan Moncada, White Sox: Day-to-day with knee injury. X-rays were negative.
- Willy Garcia, White Sox: Left Monday’s game after collision with Moncada. His status is uncertain.
- Jose Iglesias, Tigers: Day-to-day with wrist injury.
- Michael Feliz, Astros: Left Monday’s game with shoulder discomfort.
- Jose Reyes, Mets: Day-to-day after x-rays came back negative on forearm.
- Josh Harrison, Pirates: Day-to-day with leg discomfort.