Here are today’s fantasy baseball highlights and injury news for Friday, July 7th.
TOP STORY: ‘burn Baby, Burn
Oakland A’s rookie pitcher, Paul Blackburn, has begun his MLB career in pretty darn good fashion. Blackburn picked up his first big league win in Seattle on Thursday, tossing 7 2/3 innings of one-run ball. In his first two starts, the 23-year-old has pitched 13 2/3 innings, giving up one run and striking out 4. He currently holds a 0.66 ERA.
Although his first start ended in a no decision, Blackburn pitched another gem on Thursday, capturing what is sure to be a memorable win…and likely, the first of many.
The young talent has a bright future in the bigs. It will be interesting to see how long he can continue this amazing start. I’m just hoping his teammates gave him the game ball Thursday.
Other Fantasy Baseball notable performers…
- Gregory Polanco, OF, Pirates = 4-4 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Jake Lamb, 3B, Diamondbacks = 2-3 with 2 HRs
- Domingo Santana, OF, Brewers = 4-5 with 2 doubles, 2 RBIs and 3 runs scored
- Edwin Encarnacion, 1B, Indians = 4-5 with a HR, double, 2 RBIs and 4 runs scored
- Kurt Suzuki, C, Braves = 2-5 with a HR, double and 2 runs scored
- Logan Forsythe, 2B, Dodgers = 2-4 with a HR, 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored
- Luke Voit, 1B, Cardinals = 2-4 with a HR, double and 3 RBIs
- Russell Martin, C, Blue Jays = 3-5 with a HR and 2 runs scored
- Brian Goodwin, OF, Nationals = 3-5 with a HR
- Wilson Ramos, C, Rays = 2-3 with a HR, double and 3 RBIs
- Adam Duvall, OF, Reds = 2-5 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Mitch Haniger, OF, Mariners = 2-4 with a HR
- Marcell Ozuna, OF, Marlins = 3-5 with 3 RBIs
Pitchers of Fantasy Baseball
- Jacob Faria, Rays = 1 run on 4 hits with 2 K’s in 6 innings for the win.
- Zach Davies, Brewers = 2 runs on 5 hits with 3 K’s in 6 innings for his 10th win.
- Mike Foltynewicz, Braves = 2 runs on 8 hits with 5 K’s in 6 innings for the win.
- Anibal Sanchez, Tigers = 2 runs on 5 hits with 8 K’s in 6 innings for his first win of the year.
- Chad Kuhl, Pirates = 2 earned runs on 6 hits with 3 K’s in 7 innings for the victory.
- Josh Tomlin, Indians = 2 runs on 4 hits with 6 K’s in 7 innings for the win.
- Rich Hill, Dodgers = 1 run on 2 hits with 9 K’s in 7 innings. No decision.
- Robbie Ray, Diamondbacks = 1 run on 5 hits with 13 K’s in 6 innings. No decision.
- Rubby De La Rosa, Diamondbacks: Placed on 10-day DL with shoulder inflammation.
- Arodys Viscaino, Braves: Put on 10-day DL with finger strain.
- Xander Bogaerts, Red Sox: X-rays on hand came back negative. He is day to day.
- John Lackey, Cubs: Placed on 10-day DL for foot injury.
- Devin Mesoraco, Reds: On 10-day DL with shoulder strain.
- Daniel Norris, Tigers: 10-day DL for groin strain.
- Grant Dayton, Dodgers: 10-day DL for stiffness in neck.
- Huston Street, Angels: Put on 10-day DL with groin strain.
- Edison Volquez, Marlins: Exited Wednesday’s game with nagging knee concern. He is day to day.
- Eric Sogard, Brewers: Placed on 10-day DL for left ankle injury.
- Jharel Cotton, A’s: On 10-day DL with finger blister.
- Austin Hedges, Padres: Day to day with neck soreness.
- Johnny Cueto, Giants: Scratched from Thursday’s start for ear infection. He is day to day.
- Rougned Odor, Rangers: Exited Wednesday’s game with bruised hand. He is day to day.
- Joey Gallo, Rangers: Left Wednesday’s game after pulling hamstring. He is listed as day to day.