Fantasy baseball updates and injury news for Friday, June 16th.
TOP STORY: Davidson homers again…and again…and again
Chicago White Sox rookie, Matt Davidson, has been a powerhouse this season. With his solo shot in the 4th inning on Thursday, the rook has now homered in four straight games, giving him 14 dingers on the young-ish season.
After sustaining a broken foot in his season debut last June, he missed the remainder of the 2016 season. Another year older and another year wiser, Davidson has returned and is now a staple in Rick Renteria’s lineup thus far in ’17.
Davidson ended the night 2-5 with a home run, double, RBI and two runs scored in Chicago’s 5-2 win over Baltimore.
Other fantasy baseball notable performances…
- Buster Posey, C, Giants = 3-4 with a HR, double and 2 RBIs (see Injury news)
- Chris Gimenez, C, Twins = 2-4 with 2 HRs and 4 RBIs
- Miguel Cabrera, 1B, Tigers = 2-5 with GW homer, a double and 2 RBIs
- Nolan Arenado, 3B, Rockies = 3-5 with 3 doubles and 4 RBIs
- Starlin Castro, 2B, Yankees = 3-5 with a double, RBI and 3 runs scored
- Lonnie Chisenhill, OF/PH, Indians = 2-3 with a HR and 5 RBIs
- Daniel Murphy, 2B, Nationals = 3-5 with a triple and 3 RBIs
- Eric Thames, 1B, Brewers = 2-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs
- Jed Lowrie, 2B, A’s = 3-5 with a HR, triple and 2 RBIs
- Nick Pivetta, Phillies = 0 runs on 4 hits in 7 innings with 9 strike outs (no decision)
- Chris Sale, Red Sox = 1 run on 4 hits in 8 innings pitched with 10 strike outs (loss)
- Jose Berrios, Twins = 2 runs on 5 hits in 8 innings with 6 K’s (win)
- Gio Gonzalez, Nationals = 2 runs on 5 hits in 7 innings of work with 5 K’s (win)
- Buster Posey, C, Giants: Tweaked left ankle and removed from Thursday’s game. Day-to-day
- Gary Sanchez, C, Yankees: Dealing with minor groin injury. Day-to-day
- Aaron Hicks, OF, Yankees: Achilles soreness. Day-to-day
- Seth Smith, OF, Orioles: Back stiffness. Currently day-to-day but DL stint is likely
- Michael Brantley, OF, Indians: Day-to-day on paternity leave
- Victor Martinez, DH, Tigers: Removed himself from Thursday’s game with nausea. Day-to-day
- Neil Walker, 2B, Mets: Officially placed on 10-day DL with partial hammy tear
- Eduardo Nunez, 3B, Giants: Left Thursday’s game due to hammy tightness. Day-to-day